Skocz do zawartości

Nowy szablon forum

mygo.pl

Stworzyliśmy dla Was nowy wygląd forum. Z pewnością znajdziesz rzeczy, które wg Ciebie mogą zostać zmienione - wspomnij o tym w specjalnym wątku.

Czytaj więcej

Jak założyć własną sieć

serwerów CS

Zastanawiasz się nad prowadzeniem własnej sieci serwerów? Przeczytaj podstawowe informacje, na które należy zwrócić uwagę, przy takim projekcie.

Czytaj więcej

Tworzymy spis sieci

dodaj swoją

Dodaj sieć do której należysz, pozwoli to na promocję i budowę ogólnopolskiej bazy sieci CS.

Czytaj więcej

[L4D2] SkyRPG Modular Class-based RPG plugin

MYGO.pl
 Udostępnij

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• RSSy
Description

SkyRPG is a highly-customizable, module-based RPG plugin for Left 4 Dead 2.

Instead of having the experience hard-coded, I use Key files (text documents) that server operators populate, and then the code reads this and generates the experience. You complete control which modules are enabled, which ones are not, and have the ability to create your own add-on plugins to expand the experience; e.g., talent trees are an optional aspect of RPG, and if you create a talent outside the scope of the base plugin, you can have that talent (in the config) specifically point to another plugin to perform its function. Again, just an example of something you can do. This would also let you re-use triggers/effects/etc. which are assigned to case-sense chars (AaBbCc etc.) across multiple plugins, if you have that much diversity in your talent trees.

Required Plugins

Is Left4Downtown2 being a requirement a thing, still?
I've been out of the game for a bit; here's a list of the requirements, I know some are included directly in sourcemod, and all .inc files are in their respective archives!

Code:

#include <sdktools>
#include <sdkhooks>
#include <smlib>
#include <l4d2_direct>

#include "wrap.inc"
#include "left4downtown.inc"
#include "l4d_stocks.inc"

#undef REQUIRE_PLUGIN
#include <readyup>
#define REQUIRE_PLUGIN

Okay, it's been long-requested that I strip the ReadyUp requirement from my RPG in its public releases. Unfortunately, ReadyUp is such a convenience with the natives/forwards that it provides that as a developer, it was significantly-less work to keep it in, and as a server operator, you can choose to use all of its features, or none of its features, sans the behind-the-scenes functionality that it provides RPG. How much is enabled, or how little, is totally up to you!

Installation

For ease of end-user (server operator) installation, the archive sub-folders are structured as they should be extracted to your server. While the ReadyUp archive only contains 1 config file, the !skyrpg archive contains 11 config files; all are required, but only 9 are currently used by the plugin.

To customize the RPG experience to your liking, you'll need to edit all 9 files as well as the translation file, if you create/add/remove talents. The header, for example "survivor health" has an identically-named translation in the /translations/skyrpg.phrases.txt

Hopefully I've explained this good enough; it may be more-complicated to install than I think.
You must have an active database! See the included /configs/databases.cfg for the necessary info (rum_rpg)

Github (If you want to follow/fork)

https://github.com/MissexSkye/l4d2

Future Development

So, you will discover that this plugin is written in Old Syntax.
I had to make a design decision a while ago based on the time it would take to rewrite it and other factors, and instead decided to add in functionality that just lets other plugins modify/add-on to the experience.
This means in future updates, some included modules may be written in new syntax, while the base plugin remains in old.
There are several areas where there is commented-out c/p code from other plugins for reference during development. Credits should be either found there or at the top of the main file. If someone who should be credited is not, please DM me and I'll add the credit.

Closing Statement

If you have questions/comments/requests, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to assist you, but to be honest I was stoned out of my freaking mind when I wrote this code, and I don't even know how I did it, or how it works.

Wyświetl pełny artykuł